This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Have you tried cooking Special Longanisa Fried Rice for breakfast? If not, you might want to continue reading this post so that you can gather all the necessary information to plan ahead. If you like longanisa and enjoy eating fried rice, you’re in for a treat.
A good heavy breakfast such as special longanisa fried rice gives me enough energy to start my day. It felt like my taste buds were awakened by its yummy taste. I did not expect to be pampered so early in the morning, but that was how I felt. I can get used to this feeling every day, with a bit of variation.
I think that it is a meal in itself because it has all the necessary components. The amount of sausage, eggs, and vegetables collectively is enough to be considered as a full serving of a dish, as far as I am concerned. Of course, you can still eat this with your favorite breakfast dish such as fried eggs, hot dogs, luncheon meat, or what have you.
If you like a simpler version, I posted this simple longganisa fried rice recipe a few years back.
Let’s talk about condiments. What do you think is the best condiment to eat this dish with? Well –funny as it may sound, but I had this with a few drops of vinegar in every spoonful. I am one of those people who love to eat longanisa with vinegar. I thought that the droplets of vinegar made it extra special. You might agree or disagree with me on this matter. That is fine. My point is, you can enjoy this special dish even better if you eat it with your favorite condiment, no matter what it is. In addition, it can even be super special if this is shared with the people that you love. Enjoy!
Try this Special Longanisa Fried Rice Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 pieces longanisa
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup carrot cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs in a bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Heat a pan and pour 3 tablespoons cooking oil.
- When the oil gets hot, pour the beaten egg into the pan. Cook one side until done and then flip to cook the other side. Remove the egg from the pan. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil in the same pan. Once the oil heats-up, add the longanisa. Continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes (or until the meat is fully cooked) in medium heat while stirring once in a while.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Slide the rice into the pan. Fold until all the ingredients are well blended. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Press the tip of the spatula towards the egg on the plate to slice it initially. Add the egg into the pan. Continue to stir fry for 1 minute.
- Put the green peas and carrots in. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and make sure that all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Special Longanisa Fried Rice