This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Squid Ball Pancit Canton Recipe or Chow Mein with Squid Balls is an easy-to-prepare dish that you can make within 30 minutes. Pancit Canton is a dish that is usually served during special occasions such as birthday parties because it symbolizes long life.
Squid Ball Pancit Canton (Chow Mein) or Pancit Canton in general is also served for lunch or mid-afternoon snack. This can also be ordered in canteens and restaurants and it is part of the short order menu because it only takes a few minutes to cook.
When having pancit for “meryenda”, I like eating it with lots of calamansi or lime and a few pieces of pandesal. I open the pandesal using my hands and scoop the pancit using it. I then eat pancit and pandesal as a sandwich. It might sound weird, but I am sure that some of you are doing (or might have done) the same thing.
Try this Squid Ball Pancit Canton Recipe (Chow Mein). Let me know what you think.
- 1/2 lb ~250g pancit canton noodles (flour noodles)
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 12 pieces squid balls sliced into quarters
- 4 pieces lobster balls sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup carrots julienne
- 1/2 small cabbage chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok. Saute the garlic, onion, and parsley. Add the ground black pepper.
- Add the squid and lobster balls. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbage and carrots. Toss. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables starts to soften.
- Pour-in the soy sauce and chicken broth. Let boil.
- Lay the flour noodles over. Cover the wok. Let it stay for 1 to 2 minutes. This will let the flour noodles absorb the steam, which will make it soft and easy to handle.
- Remove the cover and gently toss the noodles. Makes sure that all the ingredients are well incorporated. Cook until the liquid dries up.
- Squeeze some lime, and then toss some more.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Squid Ball Pancit Canton