This Super Special Chopsuey is the same version that I cook for my family when we were still in the Philippines. It is very special for me in terms of its overall delicious taste and the priceless memory that it brings .
Let’s talk about its components. This recipe makes use of pork, chicken, shrimp, chicken liver, and boiled quail eggs apart from the basic vegetable ingredients. All the flavors from these ingredients blended in perfect harmony. It is pleasing to the palate and healthy because the veggies and proteins that it has.
Before you start, here are some tips. You can use frozen pre-cooked shrimp (like what I did), or better yet use fresh shrimp. If you decide to go with the latter, make sure to remove the head and shell. Don’t throw the head just yet, squeeze the shrimp juice out of it and add it to the dish to make the dish tastier. When it comes to the meat, I used pork shoulder and chicken breast. These were thinly sliced so that it will cook and get tender quickly. For the quails eggs, there are two options: boil fresh quail eggs (which is ideal), or use canned quail eggs. The vegetables that I used is a combination of carrot, red and green bell peppers, cauliflower, and cabbage. I used Savoy cabbage, but you can always use the regular cabbage.
Aside from the variety of ingredients that I featured for this dish, you can also add squid balls to your chopsuey. The possibilities are endless.
This dish should be ready in less than 30 minutes. If you want your chopsuey to have more sauce, add more water after tenderizing the pork and chicken (this is before step 7 in the recipe below). Don’t forget to watch the video so that you can be guided accordingly.
Try this Super Special Chopsuey Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Super Special Chopsuey
- 1 small head cabbage chopped
- 1 Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced into squares
- 1 small green bell pepper sliced into squares
- 12 boiled quail eggs
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 6 to 10 pieces shrimp head and shell removed
- 3 ounces chicken liver sliced
- 4 ounces sliced chicken breast
- 3 ounces pork shoulder sliced
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and sliced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch diluted in 4 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute garlic until light brown.
- Add onion. Cook until soft.
- Add pork and chicken. Saute for 3 minutes or until light brown.
- Put the chicken liver into the pot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour water. Let boil. Add Knorr Shrimp Cube. Cover the pot. Cook in medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and carrot. Cover the pot. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, shrimp, and cabbage. Cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Toss.
- Add quail eggs and pour the cornstarch diluted in water. Toss and continue to cook until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!