Just like my favorite chicken adobo, I always enjoy eating Sweet Chicken Asado for either lunch or dinner — I don’t even mind having the leftovers the next day for breakfast. This Sweet Chicken Asado was inspired by the pork asado recipe that I published back then when I was starting this food blog.
I am trying my best to limit my rice intake for some reason. However, there are times that I cannot control myself especially when dishes such as this is served in front of me; it’s just too good to ignore – I don’t want to regret it later on. I always know that the best way to eat dishes such as this sweet chicken asado is with warm white rice – so let there be rice and lots of it.
Eggs also go well with sweet chicken asado – I mean, you can have it with fried egg and rice for breakfast, or salted egg and rice for lunch. Sweet Chicken Asado, a piece of boiled egg, and a cup of rice sounds right for dinner. Yum!
Update: This recipe can be made less salty by using just 1 cup of chicken broth (instead of 2 cups), and adding 1 cup of water.
Try this Sweet Chicken Asado Recipe. Cheers!
Sweet Chicken Asado Recipe
- Rub salt all over the chicken. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wide cooking pot.
- Pan-fry both sides of the chicken in medium heat for 5 minutes per side.
- Scoop out the excess oil. Add the garlic and cook until light brown.
- Pour-in the soy sauce and chicken broth. Stir and let boil.
- Put-in the 5 spice powder and star anise. Cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes. Note: Add water if needed.
- Add-in the sugar and ground black pepper. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!