This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sweet Potato Casserole is a good example of a simple and easy to make sweet potato dessert. I never thought that this simple recipe will result into something really good. Anyone can make Sweet potato casserole because the steps are very basic. I am sure that you will like what you will be making.
I started by peeling and slicing the sweet potatoes into cubes and boiled them afterwards. You can also boil the sweet potatoes with skin-on and then peel them after boiling. Once the potato is ready, I used a potato masher to mash them – a fork can be used as an alternative tool if you don’t have a potato masher.
The next step is all about combining and mixing the ingredients which will then yield the sweet potato mixture. You will need a deep baking pan at least 3 inches in height. Arrange the potato mixture in the baking pan and spread. The last thing that we need to prepare is the topping. This can be simply done by combining and mixing the remaining ingredients and top it over the sweet potato mixture. The pecan chips will then be spread on top of the topping as our final layer. Easy isn’t it? Then we bake the sweet potato casserole until it’s just about right.
It seems like you now have an idea on how to make sweet potato casserole, but it will be better if you will refer to the recipe below for the details. You can enjoy this dish either warm or cold. I prefer my Sweet Potato Casserole cold though.
Try this Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 oz. pecan chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water for boiling
- Pour the water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes. Continue to boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the pot and let the water drain. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Mash the sweet potatoes using a potato masher or a fork. Add the milk, white sugar, vanilla and almond extracts, 2 tablespoons of butter, eggs, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Arrange the mixture in a baking pan.
- Create the topping by combining all-purpose flour, brown sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix all the ingredients well and spread over the potato mixture in the baking pan.Top with pecan chips.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 28 to 33 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Let cool.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!