This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tangy Shrimp Tacos is a quick and easy shrimp tacos recipe that you will surely love. This baby is nice because it has both rich and spicy. Of course, adding more hot sauce will make it more interesting.
Tangy shrimp tacos is an ideal food for lunch. This can also be considered as a bar food and is best when washed with a glass of your favorite cold drink.
I used flour tortillas in this recipe — corn tortilla should work too. As for the guacamole, I have a good guacamole recipe that you can try. If you are looking for a shortcut for a quick guacamole, try combining 1 avocado with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise. This is not as authentic as it sounds but it should do the trick.
Try this Tangy Shrimp Tacos recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb large shrimp cleaned and shelled
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup diced fresh roma tomatoes
- Hot sauce optional
- 10 to 12 pieces flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil or cooking oil spray
- Pour the lemon juice over the shrimp. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Combine the spice mixture and shrimp. Gently toss to coat and then let it stay for 30 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan. Apply a little cooking oil spray.
- Once the pan is hot, put enough shrimp in the pan and then cook each side in medium to high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Note: do not overcook the shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp and place in a clean plate.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan. Warm the flour tortillas by placing it on the grill pan for 40 seconds.
- Place the warm tortilla in a plate and then start to assemble the shrimp tacos. You can start by arranging the cubed tomatoes and chopped cilantro followed by the shrimp. Add some guacamole and top with sour cream. you can even add hot sauce if you want.