This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Teriyaki Chicken Thighs is a version of Chicken Teriyaki using our homemade teriyaki sauce with garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. This is a delicious dish that I always enjoy to eat. I also like it because I can prepare it on the stovetop using a grill plate. This means that I do not need to brave the cold and snow in the deck during wintertime.
It is easy to prepare chicken teriyaki thighs; all we need to do is make teriyaki sauce using our own recipe (the recipe link is provided below). I just combined the chicken with the teriyaki sauce and garlic powder, salt, and pepper. I always do this if I feel like having a nice meal the next day. I like to keep the chicken longer with the marinade because it turns out more flavorful.
When grilling the marinated chicken with skin-on, expect the skin to get a bit burnt afterwards. You can avoid it by removing the skin before grilling the chicken, or remove it at the middle of the grilling process. While I usually leave the skin intact on other similar recipes, in this recipe, I removed the chicken skin after a few minutes. I did this so that the chicken meat can still absorb some oil from the skin which helps keep it moist.
This can be enjoyed with regular white rice, I also think that it is best with old school warm white rice with “Pandan” leaves — you know — the type of rice that our grandmother used to prepare in the Philippines.
Try this Teriyaki Chicken Thighs Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. chicken thighs cut into serving pieces
- 1 serving Teriyaki Sauce get the recipe here
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- Arrange the chicken in a mixing bowl. Pour the teriyaki sauce in the bowl and add garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well. Cover the mixing bowl. Marinate the chicken overnight. Make sure to place the chicken inside the refrigerator.
- Grill the chicken. You can use any type of grill. I am using a grill plate (on a stovetop). Grill one side of the chicken for 5 minutes and then flip it over and grill the other side for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Continue to grill both sides for 7 to 10 minutes per side or until the chicken is fully cooked. Make sure to baste the chicken with the leftover marinade every 3 minutes to keep it moist.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Share and enjoy!