Pork Tocino with Salted Egg and Chopped Tomato is a dish composed of cured sweet pork with a side of salted duck egg and chopped plum tomato. It is a typical Filipino breakfast meal served with rice. This recipe suggests the use of white rice, but it will also work well with garlic fried rice.
The pork tocino was prepared using my tried and tested homemade pork tocino recipe. I have been making my own tocino for a while now because it is convenient and it saves me money. If you are looking for a side hustle (earn extra money), you may want to try the recipe for you to be convinced and start drafting a business plan.
I created this simple food blog not only to promote Filipino food and Filipino cuisine, but also so serve and guide my readers by suggesting ideas (and providing tutorials and information) that can help make your life better.
You can use the contact page in this blog to ask questions or give feedback. You are also welcome to posts comments.
Try this Pork Tocino with Salted Egg and Chopped Tomato Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pork Tocino with Salted Egg and Chopped Tomato
- 1 lb. homemade pork tocino
- 1 salted egg
- 1 medium ripe tomato chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Pour water in a pan or cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add oil and homemade pork tocino in the pot with boiling water. Continue to cook in medium heat until the water completely evaporates.
- Once the water evaporates, continue to cook by frying the pork on the remaining oil until brown. Turn the pork over to fry the opposite side.
- Remove the pork tocino from the pan. Arrange in a plate with salted egg and chopped tomato.
- Serve with rice and spicy vinegar dip.
- Share and enjoy!