Jennifer Adams-Juan of Diet Motivator is kind enough to share one of her healthy recipes: Tofu Steak Fried in Honey and Rosemary with Tuna & Tomato Sauce.
If you liked this recipe, you can visit her blog and thank her personally. You may also post your comments below. Thanks for the recipe Jennifer!
Got some recipes to share? Visit the Share Your Recipes page to learn more.
Tofu has always been a good source of protein. It’s perfect for those who are watching their weight and trying to live a healthy life. The thing is, tofu in itself tastes quite bland. So what I did here was fried it in honey and oil and added some spices like salt, pepper and rosemary. My healthy sauce of tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms added some twist and texture to the whole recipe. The result — tasty, colorful and healthy tofu meal.
See more of my simple home-cooked healthy meals at DietMotivator
Ingredients: The following are the ingredients you will need:
Tofu Steak Fried in Honey and Rosemary with Tuna & Tomato Sauce
- * a block of tofu
- * ground pepper
- * salt
- * rosemary
- * basil
- * sage
- * thyme
- * tomatoes
- * bell pepper
- * onions
- * garlic
- * spaghetti sauce
- * mushrooms
- * ketchup
- a can of tuna
- Make sure that your block of tofu is dried by wiping it with a tissue paper. This will make it easier to fry later on.
- Put a dash of salt, pepper and rosemary on all sides of your tofu. Set it aside.
- Slice all your vegetables.
- Open your cans of tuna and mushrooms.
- Prepare one pan and one casserole.
- Heat your pan and pour about 2 tbsps. of oil and 4 tbsps. of honey.
- Once the oil and honey are hot, put your block of tofu. Make sure that each side is fried equally.
- While waiting for each side to be fried, you can now heat your casserole and pour about 4 tbsps. of oil.
- Put all the rest of the ingredients (tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, onion, tuna, mushrooms including the herbs and mix them all together.)
- After about 2 mins., pour the packet of ketchup and spaghetti sauce. Mix.
- Let everything boil.
- If you can multitask like I usually do (coz I'm always in such a hurry), after about 10 minutes, both your dishes should be pretty much done. Put the fried tofu on a shallow bowl then pour the Tuna and Tomato Sauce around it.