I consider Corned Beef Omelet (or Tortang Corned Beef) as a power breakfast food. It is a complete meal which gives me enough energy that lasts until lunchtime. In addition, it tastes great and it is easy to make. Sometimes I enjoy it with toast or with a cup of rice.
Preparing your own Corned Beef Omelet is easy. All you need is to cook the corned beef by sautéing with garlic and onion. The rest of the steps should be a breeze. Let me walk you through the process.
How to Cook Tortang Corned Beef (Omelet)
Before I proceed, let me inform you that we are using canned corned beef for this recipe, not a slab of salt cured brisket. If you want to know more about it, check out this sinigang na corned beef recipe.
The first thing to do is cook the corned beef by sautéing. Heat oil in a pan and then start to saute garlic and onion. This cooks for around 1 minute or until the onion softens. Open the can and add the corned beef into the pan. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes. You can season it with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and let it cool down.
Prepare the omelet by cracking the eggs on a smooth surface and split it open over a bowl. Add salt and ground black pepper. Start to whisk until the yolks and whites are well blended.
Make sure the corned beef is now in room temperature. Add it to the egg mixture and add chopped green onions. Fold until all ingredients are distributed properly.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pan. Scoop a portion of the mixture and pour it into the frying pan. Simply wait a 1 1/2 minutes for the bottom side of the omelet to completely cook, and then flip the omelet using a spatula to cook the opposite side. Note: you can adjust the cooking time as needed.
I enjoy eating corned beef omelet with ketchup. Sometimes, I make a sandwich with lots of mayonnaise. Try this Corned Beef Omelet Recipe. Enjoy!
Corned Beef Omelet
- Prepare the corned beef by sautéing. Heat oil in a pan and then saute garlic and onion. Add corned beef. Continue to saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and let it cool down.
- Crack the eggs and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the salt and pepper.. Beat until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add sautéed Corned beef and green onions. Stir to mix the ingredients. Note: Make sure that the corned beef has cooled down before you execute this step.
- Heat a frying pan. Add 1 tablespoon cooking oil or use a cooking oil spray and spray oil on the pan.
- Scoop around ½ to ¾ cups of the corned beef and egg mixture and pour in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Use a spatula to flip the omelet and cook the other side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!