Tortang Noodles at Sardinas
Making tortang noodles at sardinas is a good way to combine canned sardines and instant noodles into an interesting dish. This can be eaten as it is, or with a little bit of rice. It makes a good meal during the quarantine period. How to Cook Tortang Noodles at Sardinas This is just like making…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Making tortang noodles at sardinas is a good way to combine canned sardines and instant noodles into an interesting dish. This can be eaten as it is, or with a little bit of rice. It makes a good meal during the quarantine period.
How to Cook Tortang Noodles at Sardinas
This is just like making regular omelet with additional ingredients, except that instant noodles are utilized.
I made sure to use everything from the can of sardines and 1 pack of instant noodles. You should be able to make 2 decent-sized omelet and and a bowl of soup. The later is from the beef powder included in the instant noodles.
I started by cooking the noodles. Begin by boiling water in a pot. Add the noodles once water comes to a rolling boil. Continue cooking until noodles are soft. Separate the noodles from the water. Place the noodles in a clean bowl.
Meanwhile, prepare the sardines mixture separating the fish from the sauce. Place the fish in a large bowl and then mash it using a fork. Crack 2 eggs into bowl and add seasoning. Mix everything together.
Combine noodles with the sardines mixture and continue mixing. Complete the mix by adding flour and green onions and then mix until well blended.
The mixture can be divided into two equal parts. Fry for around 1 1/2 minutes per side. You now have the omelet or patty.
Complete the meal by making the sauce and clear soup. Prepare the soup by sautéing onion in a pan. Pour the tomato-based sauce from the canned sardines and cook for 30 seconds. Add remaining green onions. Pour the sauce over the omelet.
Make the soup using the remaining water used to boil the noodles. Add the beef/chicken powder and let boil. Transfer to a bowl. You now have your complete meal.
Try this Tortang Noodles at Sardinas Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Tortang Noodles at Sardinas
- 3 ounces instant noodles
- 5 ounces sardines in tomato sauce
- 2 pieces eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ piece onion minced
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the instant noodles by boiling water in a cooking pot. Add noodles and then cook until soft. Discard the water after cooking.
- While cooking the noodles, prepare the sardines. Separate the fish from the sauce. Put the fish in a bowl. Mash. Crack 2 eggs and place it in the same bowl. Mix with the mashed sardines. Season with ground black pepper and salt. Set aside
- Add the cooked noodles in the bowl with the sardine mixture. Mix
- Add flour and green onion. Continue mixing until all ingredients are well blended.
- Heat oil in a pan. Scoop around ½ cup of mixture and cook one side for 1 ½ minutes. Top with green onion and then flip to cook the other side using the same duration. Remove from the pan and arrange on a clean plate. Note: do this step until the mixture is totally consumed.
- Prepare the sauce by heating oil in a pot. Sauté onion until soft. Pour the sauce into the pot and then cook for 30 seconds. Add remaining green onions. Stir.
- Top the sauce over the sardines and noodle omelet. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Tortang Noodles at Sardinas
Leave a Comment