This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tortang Tuna with Spinach is a type of omelet wherein sautéed tuna and spinach are added to the beaten egg mixture before cooking. This is a practical way to make stuffed omelet. It is easy to prepare and the result is yummy.
This is a basic recipe. Feel free to add more ingredients. I suggest adding shredded cheese if you want this to be richer. Putting-in chopped mushrooms and bell peppers works too.
I enjoyed this dish for breakfast. I had it just by itself. This is also best when eaten with toast or even rice. I suggest that you try it with sinangag na kanin (Filipino garlic fried rice) and a bit of banana ketchup as a condiment.
A similar dish that you can also consider is called tortang dulong. This involves the use of small fresh fish which are known as dulong. There is a similarity in the cooking process between these two dishes.
Try this Tortang Tuna with Spinach Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 5 eggs
- 1 5 ounce can chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 ½ cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 3 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan
- Saute onion until soft
- Add tuna. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the spinach into the pan. Cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper. Remove from the pan and let it cool down.
- Crack the eggs and place in a large mixing bowl. Beat until yellow and white parts are well blended.
- Add the sautéed tuna and spinach to beaten eggs. Make sure that the temperature cools first. Mix well.
- Heat remaining oil in an omelet pan or small frying pan
- Pour the egg and tuna mixture. Gently push the cooked portion of the omelet towards the center to be able to heat the uncooked mixture. Continue to cook between low to medium heat for 2 minutes or until completely cooked. Turn over the omelet to cook the opposite side.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!