This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sandwiches are the best option for lunch during busy or lazy days wherein we do not have time to cook or just so lazy making a decent meal for ourselves and our family. Of course, we can just dial for pizza or fast food delivery, but it can be costly and unhealthy sometimes. One quick and easy lunch that I make when I am in this situation is Tuna Salad Sandwich. This Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe will show you how I easily do it.
Tuna salad sandwich is very similar with tuna salad, except that the sandwich requires bread, of course. This Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe is different because of 2 things only: the use of buns and sweet pickle relish.
I like making this Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe because it is simple and the ingredients are readily available in my pantry and fridge. It only takes me less than 10 minutes to prepare everything. This means that I can easily place the sandwich in a bag and take it with me when I am in a hurry or grab a quick bite before doing something. I can also have it while watching tv.
Try this Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 14 oz can albacore tuna
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 pieces hamburger bun or slices of loaf bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the liquid from the canned tuna.
- Combine tuna, cheddar cheese, onion, mayonnaise, pickle relish, sugar, and celery. Mix well.
- Taste the mixture and then add salt and pepper as needed.
- Toast the hamburger buns or loaf slices
- Arrange the tuna salad in between the buns. You may add vegetables such as sliced tomato and lettuce, if desired. You can also slice the bread in half.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!