Pancit Bihon Recipe

Pancit Bihon or Pancit Guisado is a Filipino noodle dish and is a staple second to rice.  This was brought by the chinese and was localized since then. This Pancit Bihon Recipe uses “Bihon” or rice sticks mixed with pork, chicken, and vegetebles. This dish is always served during Fiesta, birthday parties, and other special occassions.

Making Pancit Bihon has never been easier. These days, all you need is to look for a tried and tested Pancit Bihon Recipe and you are all set. Of course, looking for such can be challenging because the internet is filled with lots of information that one needs to validate beforehand. This won’t be a problem anymore. Here at Panlasang Pinoy, we make sure that all our recipes have been tried, tested, and approved before we publish them online. You can now relax and trust that everything will be as expected.

Pancit Bihon

I like Pancit Bihon because it tastes good and it can be a complete meal by ityself. Aside from the fact that I have been eating this since I was a child, there is something really nice in every Pancit Bihon Recipe that is worth liking.

Try this Pancit Bihon Recipe and let me know what you think.

Pancit Bihon Recipe

Cuisine: Filipino Recipe
  • 1 lb pancit bihon (Rice Noodles)
  • ½ lb. pork, cut into small thin slices
  • ½ lb. chicken, cooked, deboned, and cut into thin slices
  • ⅛ lb. pea pods or snow pea
  • 1 cup carrot
  • ½ small cabbage, chopped
  • 1 cup celery leaves, chopped finely
  • 1 medium sized onion, chopped
  • ½ tbsp garlic, minced
  • 1 pc chicken cube
  • 5 tbsp soy sauce
  • 3 to 4 cups water
  1. In a large pot, Saute the garlic and onion
  2. Add the pork and chicken then let cook for 2 minutes
  3. Add the chicken cube and water then simmer for 15 minutes
  4. Put in the carrots, pea pod, cabbage, and celery leaves and simmer for a few minutes
  5. Remove all the ingredients in the pot except for the liquid and set them aside
  6. In the pot with the liquid in, add the soy sauce and mix well
  7. Add the pancit bihon (makes sure to first soak it in water for about 10 minutes) and mix well. Cook until liquid evaporates completely
  8. Put-in the vegetables and meat that were previously cooked and simmer for a minute or two
  9. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!

Comments

1. Juliet kinsella says:

For the first time i followed step by step on how to cook pancit ang everyone in the family just love it…million thanks Panlasang Pinoy for all your effort & for sharing your talent to us.i shall
    Other recipe later

2. Jesser says:

Thanks panlasang pinoy… Dami ko na na try na recipe nyo.
    At ngaun bihon naman ang niluto ko sa birthday ko.
    Merry Christmas!

3. Lotlot says:

Can the rice sticks be substituted by cornstarch sticks? I’m making this for my birthday but I’m quite confused if I can use the cornstarch sticks I have for this recipe. I would appreciate your feedback and I love all your recipes and website. Thanks in advance!

4. kristine d. says:

wow! you really made it easy for me..since i really don’t know how to cook.lol ill cook pancit guisado one of this days!!and it will be my first time. ill try your recipe. great video!!!

5. hi.i just got here in chicago and i’ve always wanted to please my boriqueño in-laws on a perfectly cooked pancit. i’ll try it this new year holiday and i’m sure they will love it. thanks a lot!

6. Good morning sir! I just want to ask for an advice. My partner is having a birthday celebration and her favorite is pancit bihon+canton. I want to cook it for her but she is a Seventh-day Adventist so she don’t eat pork or any shellfish. Can I combine chicken and beef in cooking the pancit? Hoping for your kind reply.

7. mitchie says:

I tried doing this recipe at home, and I’m very glad with the result!:) In my case, I added some lemon juice on the soysauce and then afterwards, I put the pancit bihon and vegetables to make it more flavorful. My family indeed loved it, and they keep on requesting me to cook it everytime there’s a family gathering. You should try it too! It’s very different to the traditional pancit that only has soysauce on it…

8. Janice says:

I will try your recipe.. But just wanna ask, good for how many servings is your recipe?

9. I just want to ask… is pancit bihon same with pansit guisado? It’s quite confusing.

10. Butching O. says:

hello mr. panlasang pinoy. super thanks to your videos. i’m new here in US and doesn’t cook much. i find your website a solution to my problem…cooking good food. i surprised my hubby for his birthday with your pancit guisado dish and it was superb…i have even watched chicken sopas and potchero…they all tasted great! i still am in the process of learning dishes one by one so keep posting ha. much thanks again!

11. Manyaman! (:

12. Cecilia says:

Is there a way to print out the recipes? If not, can you make a way? Thanks and more power to you!

13. Cresh says:

Hi! thanks for sharing your recipes… my hubby loves the “pancit bihon”. I learned something from you. More recipes please!!! ;)

14. Thanks for the recipe.

You might want to add the cooking oil and the oyster sauce in the list of ingredients (for “dummies” like me)

15. Hi, i almost cried when i tasted the pancit i cooked after cooking your recipe. i loved it, been ccoking pancit since i arrived here in toronto 3 years ago but not successful… and your recipe is the easiest and it taste good….perfect!!!

16. Joyce says:

hi vanjo,
    now i learned something new…ang ginagawa ko kasi to mix up everything karne, gulay tapos yung pansit.Ang nangayayari nalalata ng masyado ang gulay when i mixed it with the bihon.So ngayon nakita ko sa video mo na dapat pala remove muna ang gulay then lutuin ang pansit sa sabaw lang ,that is really wise to that way..thanks for these video…. dami ko ng natutunan sa mga videos mo..God Bless!

greetings from Holland

17. Mench says:

Thanks poh Sir!

18. Hi, there…im scared of cooking pancit, kse, its always over cooked.what would be the secret to avoid that?Is it ok not to soak the noodles b4 mixing it w/ the vegies? And can I use slice ham, instead of pork? thx. and hope u ‘ll find time to reply this…thx…

19. We’ll do that annaliza. Hope that you’re enjoying your stay.

20. vanjom says:

Not a problem, I hope that you all liked the recipe. You can now cook pansit for your friends to amaze them. By the way, I am in the process of translating my videos in english so that everyone could comprehend. Thanks for dropping by.

21. My filipino friends love pancit but never i never try it.Now i know what it look like.:)Thanks for sharing!