Pancit Bihon or Pancit Guisado is a Filipino noodle dish and is a staple second to rice. This was brought by the chinese and was localized since then. This Pancit Bihon Recipe uses “Bihon” or rice sticks mixed with pork, chicken, and vegetables. This dish is always served during Fiesta, birthday parties, and other special occasions.
Making Pancit Bihon has never been easier. These days, all you need is to look for a tried and tested Pancit Bihon Recipe and you are all set. Of course, looking for such can be challenging because the internet is filled with lots of information that one needs to validate beforehand. This won’t be a problem anymore. Here at Panlasang Pinoy, we make sure that all our recipes have been tried, tested, and approved before we publish them online. You can now relax and trust that everything will be as expected.
I like Pancit Bihon because it tastes good and it can be a complete meal by ityself. Aside from the fact that I have been eating this since I was a child, there is something really nice in every Pancit Bihon Recipe that is worth liking.
Try this Pancit Bihon Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 lb pancit bihon (Rice Noodles)
- ½ lb. pork, cut into small thin slices
- ½ lb. chicken, cooked, deboned, and cut into thin slices
- ⅛ lb. pea pods or snow pea
- 1 cup carrot
- ½ small cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup celery leaves, chopped finely
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- ½ tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 to 4 cups water
- In a large pot, Saute the garlic and onion
- Add the pork and chicken then let cook for 2 minutes
- Add the chicken cube and water then simmer for 15 minutes
- Put in the carrots, pea pod, cabbage, and celery leaves and simmer for a few minutes
- Remove all the ingredients in the pot except for the liquid and set them aside
- In the pot with the liquid in, add the soy sauce and mix well
- Add the pancit bihon (makes sure to first soak it in water for about 10 minutes) and mix well. Cook until liquid evaporates completely
- Put-in the vegetables and meat that were previously cooked and simmer for a minute or two
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: