Pinoy Spaghetti or Filipino Spaghetti is the Filipino version of the ever popular pasta that is of Italian origin. This version of Spaghetti requires the use of sugar, hotdogs, and banana ketchup. It might some peculiar to some but these ingredients brings up a whole new flavor that is totally Filipino.
Being loved mostly by the young ones, every kiddie party won’t be complete without this dish. Ginormous Fast Food chains such as Jollibee and Mc Donald’s even have their own Pinoy Spaghetti version (mostly included in their kid’s meal or kiddie meal). Yup, that isn’t any typographical error; In the Philippines, Mc Donald’s serves spaghetti; They called it Mc Spaghetti.
Though this dish is just a variation, Filipino spaghetti deserves to be listed in our Filipino Recipes or Pinoy food list. I like this recipe in particular because the flavor is just right. It is common for this type of dish to have a sweet tasting sauce, I liked it better because of its meaty taste, which I think is exceptional.
Try this delicious Filipino Spaghetti Recipe and let me know what you think.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 6
- 2 lbs Spaghetti
- 1 big bottle banana ketchup
- 1 big can Tomato sauce (approximately 4 cups)
- ½ cup Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ lbs Ground Meat (pork or beef)
- 4 pcs Hotdogs, sliced
- Brown Sugar
- 1 medium sized Onion, diced
- Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 36 ounces Water (about 1 liter)
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- In a large pot, pour the water in and bring to a boil
- Put-in the salt and oil
- Add the Spaghetti Noodles and cook until tender (see package for cooking time) then set aside
- Using a separate pan, saute the garlic and onions
- Put-in the round meat and let cook for 5 minutes
- Add the hotdogs and cook for 2 minutes
- Put-in the tomato sauce, banana catsup, tomato paste, and brown sugar then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
- Place the sauce on top of the cooked noodles and add some cheese
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Watch the cooking video:
Reliable WordPress Hosting (Free Domain and Setup)
Want to create a blog? Click here to view my tutorial on how to start your own blog