This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Spaghetti Carbonara or Pasta alla Carbonara is a pasta dish with white sauce originally derived from beaten eggs and grated cheese. As the dish became popular, different versions came into being including the creamy version that employs heavy whipping cream.
This carbonara recipe that we have has a richer and creamier sauce base compared to the original Italian version. If you will notice, I did not include salt and black pepper in the list of ingredients. The saltiness of the bacon and parmesan cheese is enough to bring flavor to the dish. If you feel like adding a little more flavor and spice, please feel free to do so. Chicken carbonara is another version that you should take a look at.
Try this recipe and let me know your thoughts.
- Combine beaten eggs, heavy whipping cream, and parmesan cheese then mix well. Set aside.
- Heat a cooking pot or pan then place the butter and let melt.
- Fry the bacon until the texture becomes crisp. Set aside.
- On the same cooking pot or pan, remove excess butter then sauté the garlic and green onions.
- Put-in the spaghetti noodles and beaten egg- heavy whipping cream - parmesan cheese mixture then mix well. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the fried bacon and distribute.
- Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Spaghetti Carbonara