Pork Binagoongan Recipe

Binagoongan or Pork Binagoongan is an authentic Filipino Recipe. This Pork Binagoongan recipe involves pork being sauteed in tomato and stewed in shrimp paste. The dish is then garnished with slices of chili before serving.

Binagoongan

In this Binagoongan recipe, the  shrimp paste has the most dominant flavor. In order to balance the salty taste, a reasonable amount of vinegar along with some water are added. This can also be balanced by not placing too much shrimp paste. It is recommended that you start with half the amount of the required shrimp paste. Try to taste for saltiness, you can add more shrimp paste until the saltiness is tailored to your preference.

Pork Binagoongan Recipe

Cuisine: Filipino Recipe
  • 2 lbs. Pork, cubed
  • 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
  • 5 tbsp vinegar
  • 1 cup onion, chopped
  • 1 cup tomato, chopped
  • 1 pc chili (banana pepper, Jalapeno, or long chili pepper), sliced
  • ½ cup shrimp paste
  • 3-5 pcs. dried bay leaves
  • 1 tbsp whole pepper corn
  • 24 ounces water
  • salt and pepper
  1. In a cooking pot, pour-in the water and bring to a boil
  2. Put-in the pork, vinegar, and dried bay leaves and simmer for 35 minutes or until meat is tender
  3. Remove the meat from the pot separating it from the liquid and other ingredients. set aside
  4. In a separate pan, saute the garlic, onion, tomato
  5. Add the shrimp paste and simmer for 5 minutes (more time is needed for raw shrimp paste)
  6. Put the pork in and cook for 7 minutes. Be sure to mix all the ingredients well
  7. Add the chili and simmer for 3 minutes
  8. Add salt and pepper to taste
  9. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!

Comments

1. Aquaporin says:

I dont eat pork so I made this with tilapia fillet, cooked the same way you cooked the pork, and fried eggplant slices. It’s very good and relatively easy to make. Thanks for the recipe!

2. thanks for the recipes

3. dinjane bianzon-duka says:

cooking makes easy for everybody!:-) cooking instructions are all clear as well as video! actually,it helped me a lot to discover other recipes:-) may God continue to pour knowledge to this website!:-)

4. Rachelle says:

I came across this site just by browsing the net, not knowing that this is the site my friend is using. I have copied every recipe and will print them out soon. I was just wondering if you can file all this recipes in one cookbook. I will definitely buy it.

5. Nice one dude!

6. I enjoy cooking for my family.Even though I graduated BSHRM, I still want to explore and learn more about cooking. I am a full-time mom and I appreciate new recipes and ideas and I can experiment as well.Thanks for sharing.Goodluck!!

7. joanne says:

mas marami ako natutunan mas madali

8. joanne says:

ok tlga webste mo,,madami ako natututunan.

9. hello,i live in canada right now. where u think i can find the shrimp paste?

10. hey. thank you so much for posting this. I just tried it and it tastes really good. your videos are awesome. everything about cooking is clear. :) keep posting! Godbless.

11. Jamela says:

12. You’re Welcome Leon. I’ll do whatever I can.

13. i did this and it was very successful…ginanahang kumain ang 2 anak ko pati ang husband ko…thank you very much…your cooking instructions are very very clear…you make cooking very easy and enjoyable!

14. well di na ako mag iisip ng ulam now pra sa husband ko ang hirap ng newly wedd noh kailangan lging special ang ihahanda mo sa husband mo

15. Analyn Tiu says:

…mga bata sa Batibot, maliksi….masigla!