Ginisang Togue is basically Sauteed Mung Bean Sprout with carrots, bell pepper, shrimp, and tofu. This Mung Bean Sprout Recipe is a regular dish sered in filipino households and is best eaten with steamed white rice.
The good thing about the ingredients is the fact that they are pro health. Grown from mung beans, the sprouts are cholesterol free, and are best for anyone counting calories. Sprouts also contain a high source of fiber; it is digestible and contain a high concentration of enzymes that helps the digestive process.
Making this dish is so easy. All you will need to do is saute the ingredients with tofu one by one, add a little seasoning to enhance the flavor, and you are done. You can also add meat such as chopped pork, chicken, or beef when making Ginisang Togue.
Try this Ginisang Togue (Sautéed Mung Bean Sprouts) recipe!
Sauteed Mung Bean Sprout Recipe
- 1 pack Mung Bean Sprout (approximately ½ lb)
- ½ lb Tofu
- 1 big carrot, cut into strips
- 1 medium-sized onion, cubed
- 1 big tomato, cubed
- 6 to 8 pieces shrimp (head and scales removed)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the tofu until color turns golden brown then set aside. (slice the tofu into small squares)
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomato
- Put-in the shrimp, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and chicken cube. Simmer for 1 minute
- Add the carrots and water then bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the green and red bell pepper and Mung Bean Sprout
- Put a dash of ground black pepper
- Put-in the tofu and simmer for 3 minutes
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4