Ginisang Togue is basically Sauteed Mung Bean Sprout with carrots, bell pepper, shrimp, and tofu. This Mung Bean Sprout recipe is a regular dish served in Filipino households. It is best eaten with steamed white rice.
The good thing about the ingredients is the fact that these are healthy. Grown from mung beans, the sprouts are cholesterol free, and are best for anyone counting calories. Bean sprouts also contain a high source of fiber. It is digestible and contains a high concentration of enzymes that helps in the digestive process.
How to Cook Ginisang Togue
Making this dish is quick and easy. The first thing to do is prepare the tofu. Make sure to use extra firm tofu for this recipe. This type is perfect for frying. Deep-fry the tofu slices until golden brown. Remove from the pot and then slice into cubes. Set it aside.
Start to cook the dish by sautéing garlic, onion, and tomato. Heat oil in a wok or pan. Add the garlic and onion. Cook for 30 seconds. Put the chopped tomato and continue to saute until both onion and tomato softens. The garlic should be a bit brown at this point.
Add shrimp and cook until it turns orangey. It is best to remove the head and shell of the shrimp before cooking. You can also use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Make sure to thaw it first before cooking.
The fried tofu is added next. Give it a quick stir and then add the mung bean sprout and carrot. Toss and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Next goes the bell peppers.
Season with oyster sauce and ground black pepper. Fish sauce or patis can also be used as a substitute to oyster sauce.
Add the shrimp. Cook until it turns orangey. You can also add the seasoning.
I love to have this with warm rice. You can also pair it with either fried or grilled fish. I just had this with Inihaw na bangus. It was perfect!
Try this Ginisang Togue (Sautéed Mung Bean Sprouts) recipe. Let me know what you think.
Ginisang Togue Recipe
- 12 ounces mung bean sprout
- 8 ounces tofu extra firm
- 1 piece carrot julienne
- 12 pieces shrimp head and scales removed
- 1 piece tomato cubed
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 piece red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 piece green bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups cooking oil
- Fry the tofu until color turns golden brown then set aside. (slice the tofu into cubes)
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomato.
- Once the onion and tomato softens, add the shrimp. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tofu. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the mung bean sprouts and carrot. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the bell peppers. Cook for another minute.
- Season with oyster sauce and ground black pepper.
- Serve hot with rice. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Ginisang Togue