Ginisang Pechay is simply Sautéed Bok Choy. This healthy vegetable is classified as a cabbage.
Despite the popularity of this vegetable in Asia, people in Europe and parts of North America seem to have a hard time holding-on to it. In the Philippines, Chinese immigrants during the Spanish era introduced Bok Choy. After that , this vegetable spread faster than Swine Flu (H1N1) across the islands.
Try this healthy Vegetable Recipe : Ginisang Pechay (Sautéed Bok Choy).
1 lb baby bok choy or pechay, chopped
½ lb pork, chopped and thinly sliced
1 medium-sized tomato, diced
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp garlic
1 cup water
Watch the cooking video:
1. Heat the pan and put-in the cooking oil
2. Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomato
3. Add the pork and cook for 5 minutes
4. Put-in the fish sauce and ground black pepper
5. Add the water and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes
6. When the pork is tender enough, put-in the pechay or bok choy. Cook for a few seconds, turn off the heat, and wait for 5 minutes before serving.
7. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy this delightful Vegetable dish!