Chili Crab is a seafood dish that originated from Singapore. This dish is composed of crab (Mud Crab is originally used) cooked in sweet and spicy sauce.I had my first taste of this dish in the original dampa in Paranaque (a city in the Philippines). I found this to be real good and the three servings of rice can attest to that. Imagine the meaty claws of the alimango topped with sweet and spicy sauce …now that makes me really craving for more. Wouldn’t you want to try some or perhaps cook your own chili crab? If your answer is yes, then we have the solution right here.
Try this Chili Crab recipe.
Chili Crab Recipe
- 2 lbs crab, cut in half
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper or 3 pieces sliced red chili
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato catsup or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp green onions or scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
Watch the cooking video:
- Heat a cooking pot and pour the cooking oil
- Saute the garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper
- Add the crab and cook for 3 to 4 minutes
- Put-in the hoisin sauce, tomato ketchup, sweet chili sauce, fish sauce,and sesame oil then mix with the other ingredients
- Pour-in the water and bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thick
- Garnish with green onions on top
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4