Beef Mami is a type of Beef Noodle soup of Filipino-Chinese origin. This is simply composed of tender beef brisket and egg noodles, boiled eggs, and other toppings which are soaked in a hot and flavorful beef stock.
Beef Mami is usually sold in eateries. These mini restaurants are locally refered to as “Mamihan” or “Pares House”. It is a meal in itself, but it will be more delightful when eaten with Siopao. The beef mami recipe that we have here is more pf the Filipino side in terms of flavor. If you wan’t the taste to be somewhat oriental, you may a little soy sauce and sugar (just like the Beef pares).
Try this Beef Mami recipe. Send us your feedback.
- 1 lb. beef brisket
- 6 pieces star anise
- 1 piece beef cube
- 5 cups water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium sized onion, minced
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 14 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage (pechay Baguio), chopped
- 4 pieces hard boiled eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the oil in a cooking pot and apply heat
- Saute the garlic and onions
- Put-in the beef brisket and cook until the color of the outer part turns light brown
- Add the beef cube and star anise
- Pour-in the water and bring to a boil. Allow to boil until beef becomes tender
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cooked egg noodles and Chinese cabbage in a serving bowl
- Pour the soup and beef brisket on the bowl with noodles then garnish with sliced boiled egg and green onions
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Watch the Cooking Video: