Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Often called Coconut Pudding, this luscious dessert is easy to make and the ingredients are very common.Unknown to many, the original Maja Blanca Recipe does not include corn and milk. In this recipe, I added whole sweet kernel corn and condensed milk for added taste and a more creamy texture.Since Christmas season is just around the corner, this would make a very good holiday dessert especially during potluck Christmas Parties and Noche Buena as well.
Preparing maja blanca is easy. All you need to do is follow each step indicated in this maja blanca recipe. It is important that you give the coconut milk sometime to cook; it is also recommended that you try your best to mix all the ingredients until the texture becomes as smooth at it can be. For better results, cook the corn a little longer to release its flavor.
Try this Maja Blanca Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 4 cups coconut milk
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- ¾ cup fresh milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 15 ounces whole sweet kernel corn
- 5 tbsp toasted grated coconut
- Pour the coconut milk in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar, condensed milk, and whole sweet kernel corn then stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Simmer for 8 minutes
- Combine the milk and cornstarch then whisk until the cornstarch is diluted
- Pour the fresh milk and cornstarch mixture in the cooking pot and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to cook while stirring until the mixture reaches your desired thickness
- Pour the mixture in a serving tray then arrange and flatten the top using a flat tool such as a wooden spatula
- Allow to cool down then refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Garnish with toasted grated coconut (or latik if available)
- Serve cold. Share and enjoy!