Here is another version of the Maja Blanca shared to us by Claire Pfendle of Rochester, New York. Her blog, clairebakescakes, features different interesting cake recipes. Thanks for sharing Claire!
Let’s consolidate our skills and passion.If you have recipes to share, don’t think twice. Check out our Share Your Recipes page.
- 1 Cup cornstarch
- 1 Small can corn kernels
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 1 Can evaporated Milk (not the small can)
- 1 Cup sugar
- ½ cup crushed peanuts
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Place cornstarch, corn kernels, coconut milk, evaporated Milk and sugar on a medium sauce pan and blend well with a whisk until all the lumps are pretty much gone and disappear.
- Turn the heat on medium / low and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. You literally have to continue stirring or the bottom will burn and lump up.
- Stir for 5 to 7 minutes until you reach a firm pudding consistency.
- Pour hot mixture into a prepared dish and add the crushed peanuts or raisins. If you like both you can add both :-)
- Completely cool and cover. Place in the fridge if you like it cold or you can leave it in room temperature (covered) for a day or two.