Here is another version of Simple Maja Blanca shared to us by Claire Pfendler of Rochester, New York. Her blog, clairebakescakes, features different interesting cake recipes. Thanks for sharing Claire!
How to Cook Simple Maja Blanca
The first thing that we need to do (according to Claire) is to combine the milks (coconut and evaporated) in a saucepan and then add sugar, cornstarch and corn. Whisk until there are no lumps present. Set the heat between low and medium and continue to cook until the mixture reaches a pudding-like consistency.
Grab a glass container or even an aluminum pan and pour the mixture in it. Spread until the mixture is evenly distributed. Add crushed peanuts or raisins on top.
Let’s consolidate our skills and passion.If you have recipes to share, don’t think twice.
Check out our Share Your Recipes page.
- 1 Cup cornstarch
- 1 Small can corn kernels
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 1 Can evaporated Milk (not the small can)
- 1 Cup sugar
- ½ cup crushed peanuts
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Place cornstarch, corn kernels, coconut milk, evaporated Milk and sugar on a medium sauce pan and blend well with a whisk until all the lumps are pretty much gone and disappear.Turn the heat on medium / low and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. You literally have to continue stirring or the bottom will burn and lump up.Stir for 5 to 7 minutes until you reach a firm pudding consistency.
- Pour hot mixture into a prepared dish and add the crushed peanuts or raisins. If you like both you can add both 🙂
- Completely cool and cover. Place in the fridge if you like it cold or you can leave it in room temperature (covered) for a day or two.
- Maja Blanca – Panlasang Pinoy