This Chicken Lollipop Recipe is generally considered as a hors d’œuvre or appetizer dish. Though not everyone may know, this chicken dish is made from chicken wings. In the Philippines, Chicken Lollipop is considered as a main dish and is prepared in a simpler manner compared to the chicken lollipop dishes of India and other countries.
This chicken lollipop recipe has a huge similarity to the Asian Pan Fried Chicken though it takes more time and effort to prepare. The chicken wings need to be chopped and the meat arranged in one end of the bone. This is usually done by loosening the meat from one end of the bone and forcibly pushing it down to the other end.
Kids love this dish. I’m not having a hard time encouraging my kids to finish their meal when I make something out of this chicken lollipop recipe. In case your kids are picky with their food, you now know what to serve them.
Try this Chicken Lollipop Recipe and let me knowwhat you think.
Chicken Lollipop Recipe
- 10 pieces chicken wings
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
- Divide the chicken wing into 3 parts by slicing through the joints. Set aside the wingtip for other possible uses.
- Shape the wing to look like a lollipop. You should have two parts of the chicken wing by now: the one with a single bone and the one with two bones. Start by selecting the part with one bone.
- Separate the meat from the bone by sliding a sharp knife around the tip of the bone where meat is still connected (do not cut through the bone).
- Place the wing vertically on top of a flat surface while holding the part where the knife passed.
- Gently push downward while gripping the bone with your thumb and index finger until the meat slides down.
- Arrange the meat by inverting the inner part until a lollipop shape is formed. Note: Do the same procedure for the part with two bones. However, you need to first detach the smaller bone before commencing.
- Season the chicken lollipops with salt and pepper and let it stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and transfer to a bowl then whisk.
- Gradually add-in the all-purpose flour while whisking until a batter is formed.
- Dip the chicken lollipop on the batter then to the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot then deep-fry the chicken lollipop under medium heat until the color of the outer part turns medium brown (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Remove the fried chicken lollipop from the cooking pot and transfer to a dish with paper towel. Let it stand until excess oil is absorbed by the paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite dip. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6