This cookie recipe taste just right – that’s what I like about it. It has the right amount of sweetness and you can taste the sudden explosion of the cinnamon on your fist bite. I also like the soft texture because it makes this cookie chewy and more enjoyable.
I was able to make 9 large pieces of perfect oatmeal cookies with this recipe. I scooped 1/4 cup of mixture for every cookie. If you prefer average sized cookies, try scooping a heaping tablespoon; this can yield approximately 14 to 16 pieces.
Before I wrap this up, allow me to give some pointers: It is normal for the cookies to become soft after baking – do not over bake. Simply remove the cookies from the oven and wait for a few minutes until it cools down. Place the cookie in a cooling grid or wire rack only if the texture is hard enough. Removing soft cookies from the tray might tear them apart. Lastly, having a hot cup of coffee, milk or chocolate by your side is not a bad idea.
Try this delicious Oatmeal Cookie recipe and let me know what you think.
Recipe: Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
Watch the cooking video:
- Combine flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt then mix well. Set aside.
- Put the butter in a mixing bowl then cream using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the light brown sugar while beating. Continue beating until the texture becomes fluffy.
- Add-in the vanilla extract then continue mixing for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put-in the egg then beat in low-speed for another minute.
- Gradually add the oats and mix until fully distributed.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture (flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon) then mix again.
- Add the raisins and incorporate with the other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a wax or parchment paper on top of the cookie sheet or baking tray. Scoop some of the mixture and arrange on top of the wax/parchment paper. Flatten the mixture to a thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookie from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling grid to completely cool.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 8