A Cornbread Muffin is a small pastry made from cornmeal and flour. This has been a traditional staple in areas wherein wheat breads are expensive. In general, cornbread is eaten as a side dish for barbeque, chili, and roasted meats. This Cornbread Muffin Recipe is one of the simplest ones around.
There are plenty of Cornbread Muffin Recipe circulating in the internet. Each recipe variation represents an area wherein cornbread or cornbread muffins are a popular treat while others are priceless restaurant recipes such as Kenny Rogers, Boston Market, and the likes.
This particular Cornbread Muffin Recipe is a twist of the southern cornbread and Kenny Roger’s recipe. I enjoy using this recipe for its wonderful texture and right amount of sweetness. I also like the idea of having whole kernel corn around.
Try this Cornbread Muffin recipe and let me know what you think.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup fresh milk
- 8 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt) in a large mixing bowl then mix well. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl then beat until the texture becomes creamy.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar and continue beating until the butter and sugar are mixed thoroughly.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients (mixture of flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt) while beating.
- Add honey, eggs, and milk then continue mixing until every ingredient is well incorporated.
- Put-in the corn and mix with the other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin or cupcake pan and pour-in the mixture.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the muffin passes the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: