I am proud to present to you this special Sugar Cookie Recipe. This is a simple cookie recipe but what makes this special are the people involved in putting the pieces together – my kids.
Just so you know, I am currently taking a special course in cake decorating. My kids love to watch me while I design cakes and cookies. I taught them the basics of icing a cake; they learn fast and were able to design and bake their own cookies after a few tries.
After a couple of days of practice, both my kids approached me and asked if they can make their own video on Sugar Cookies. Of course, I said “sure, by all means”; but they have one request though: they want to do everything by themselves from the presentation of ingredients until the arrangement of the final product. They also shot the video without my help (I went inside the room after presenting the episode and let them do their thing).
The result was fantastic. I was surprised to see good looking (and good tasting) cookies after several minutes. Since this was their first time shooting a baking video, I can say that the presentation was not bad at all. If you have some clarifications on the steps, you can always refer to the detailed recipe post in text format below.
Happy baking everyone!
Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Watch the cooking video:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl then mix together. Set aside.
- Cream butter for a minute using an electric mixer then add sugar and continue creaming for another minute.
- Add egg and vanilla extract then continue mixing in low speed until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Gradually beat-in the flour mixture and mix (in low speed) for 2 minutes.
- Scoop about 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll them into balls.
- Arrange in a backing tray lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Let cool using a wire rack then decorate, if desired.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6