Toasted garlic makes a good condiment. In fact, this is used in many dishes across different cultures. When it comes to Filipino Food, toasted garlic plays a big role in providing flavor and aroma to many of our famous Filipino dishes; it also makes eating more pleasurable.
It is a fact that not all of us are garlic lovers; to those who appreciate garlic, almost every food won’t be complete without it. Take goto, Pancit molo, and arroz caldo as examples. I can eat them even if toasted garlic is not around but it will be more enjoyable if I can grab hold of some.
Aside from being an important condiment or even garnishing, toasted garlic or garlic (in general) is a good supplement that can prevent heart disease including high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Making toasted garlic is simple; all you need to do is follow the steps below.
8 cloves garlic
3 to 4 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Pound the garlic and remove the skin.
2. Place the pounded garlic in a chopping board and mince.
3. Combine cooking oil and minced garlic in a saucepan then apply medium heat.
4. Fry the garlic until the color turns medium brown.
5. Turn off heat and drain the excess oil.
6. Transfer to a small bowl and serve as condiment.