I’m trying to cut on rice for the past few days and pasta has been one of my alternatives. I’ve been trying and re-inventing pasta recipes and I think that I am making some progress on what I’m doing. Among the pasta recipes that I find appealing is this Spinach and Feta Pasta Recipe.
Spinach and Feta Pasta Recipe is as a simple pasta recipe that has the right balance of flavor; this can also be considered as a dish that promotes good health because of its ingredients. I enjoy eating this for lunch along with some tasty baked garlic bread as my side.
Try this Spinach and Feta Pasta recipe and let me know your thoughts.
- Serves: 5
- Serving size: 5
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups spinach leaves, cleaned
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking Procedure
- Pour the olive oil in a skillet or frying pan then apply heat.
- Sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Put-in the mushroom, spinach, salt, and ground black pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta then stir for the sauce to coat.
- Put-in the feta cheese and cook for a minute more.
- Turn-off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with garlic bread on the side. Share and enjoy!