This recipe makes a dish similar to sweet and sour chicken. My husband loves mango juice. One time he picked up the wrong bottle at the store that turned out to be mango sauce. He realized rather quickly mango sauce is not for drinking. I tried using it in a few recipes and, especially in this recipe, we both love it!
(Makes approximately 4-6 servings)
1 egg white
3 large boneless chicken breasts; cut into one inch chunks
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 onion diced
A pinch of pepper and salt
1 cup all purpose flour
Vegetable oil (for deep fryer)
1 green or red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch slices
1 tsp of vinegar (optional)
Green onion (optional)
Approximately 2 cups mango sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire or soy sauce
1 pinch of garlic
1. In a bowl, marinate chicken in salt, pepper, and soy sauce (or Worcestershire sauce) for 10 minutes.
2. Add all purpose flour, cornstarch and eggs to the marinated chicken and coat.
3. Heat cooking oil in a pan and fry the chicken cubes until cooked through. Transfer the chicken onto a plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess oil.
4. Place diced onion in frying pan. Cook only long enough to heat; remove to retain crispness. Remove the onion and add green bell pepper to frying pan. Remove from pan before softening occurs to retain crispness.
5. Sauté garlic, vinegar, and mango sauce. After a few quick stirs, add the onion and green bell pepper.
6. Stir fry until the aroma from sauce is fairly strong.
7. Toss in the chicken and some chopped green onion.
8. Serve hot with rice and enjoy!
Jennifer’s Breaded Chicken with Mango Sauce
10/05/2010 By February 25, 2013
Download a FREE copy of the Panlasang Pinoy eCookbook Volume 1. Register now!