This Chicken Pita Recipe is shared by Shinta. She writes:
Healthy chicken pita are rare these days. The original white sauce was substituted with non-fat yogurt on this recipe.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast slices
- 1 med. red onion sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 8 stalks chives cut in half
- 1/2 c. nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 small long green chili
- 3 to 5 pita bread sliced in half
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp. salt
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan in medium heat.
- Add chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn over chicken and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir-in onion. Cook until onion is clear.
- Place chicken and sauteed onion in bowl.Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add vinegar, and chives.
- Spread yogurt in every pita bread. Put the chicken mixture in each bread and the green chili.
- Serve cold.