This is a shared recipe by Genesee Sunglao This recipe was her entry to the Panlasang Pinoy Recipe Contest .
This is the last week of selection for this month. The selected recipes will be placed in the poll for you to vote-on. The recipe with the highest vote wins this month’s prize.
If you want the delicious taste of nice baked potato, but don’t have the know how to prepare it, well this is for you. Get a mouth watering, taste bud-tingling treat your kids will love. Its a better alternative for a regular snack your child is having in school.
4 large potatoes (washed & scrubbed)
250 grams ground beef
1 small red bell pepper
1 small can button mushroom
2 cloves mince garlic
1 small onion (chopped)
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup quick melt cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Clean the potatoes, cut into half and steam in a steamer for 10 minutes. Poke it with a fork to test softness. Set it aside to cool.
2. To prepare the beef,pour the oil in a pan and saute garlic and onion until it is translucent. Put the ground beef and let it simmer for 5 minutes. season with soy sauce & ground pepper. Add the red bell pepper(paprika) and mushroom. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Let it cool.
3.When the beef mixture is cooled, add the 1/4 cup quick-melt cheese.
4. Scrape some of the pulp from the potato and mix it to the beef.
5. Put the beef & cheese mixture over the pre-steamed potato halves. Top it with quick-melt cheese & mozzarella mixture.
6. pre heat the oven to 150 degrees C. Arrange the stuffed potato in a pan and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
7. Remove from the oven & cool. Serve & enjoy!