Tandoori Chicken or Chicken Tandoori is a famous Indian chicken dish. Skinned chicken slices are marinated in yogurt and several spices for long hours before being grilled or roasted.
This dish is not complicated to make, as long you have the necessary ingredients on hand. All you need to do is marinade the chicken until the flavors are completely absorbed, then grill or roast it. The procedure is the same as making grilled chicken (inihaw na manok) or Chicken Inasal, with totally different seasoning and spices.
Try making following this Tandoori Chicken recipe. Let us know how well you liked it.
- 2 lbs chicken, skin removed and cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- ½ cup yogurt, plain
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 piece lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- ½ cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for chicken and olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Put the chicken in the bowl and coat with the mixture.
- Marinade for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and brush with olive oil.
- Grill until both sides are done.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sliced onions, carrots, and cucumber.
- Serve. Share and Enjoy!