The Philippines is famous for dishes that use coconut milk. This method of cooking is locally referred to as “Ginataan or Guinataan”, which means to cook in coconut milk.
Mixed Seafood in Coconut milk is a combination of different sea foods such as crabs, mussels, shrimp, and squid — all cooked in coconut milk or coconut cream. Although it might sound simple, this recipe really tastes good.
I like seafood; this dish brings out the good flavors of the seafood ingredients in a way that is pleasant to our taste buds. I also love the kick from the dried chilies. I recommend having this dish with generous amounts of steamed rice.
Do you love Ginataan? What are your favorite Ginataan Recipes?
Try this Mixed Vegetables in Coconut Milk recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Mixed Seafood in Coconut Milk Recipe
- 1 lb mixed seafood (combinacion de mariscos)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pieces dried Thai chili
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
- Heat cooking pot, and then pour-in cooking oil.
- Saute garlic and onions
- Pour-in coconut milk, stir, and let boil.
- Sprinkle ground black pepper. Add-in dried chilies and shrimp paste. Stir and simmer until the liquid reduces to half.
- Add mixed seafood and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn-ff heat. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 3