Oriental Lemon Chicken is an Asian chicken version that resembles orange chicken. It is tasty, delicious, and easy to cook.
This is Lemon Chicken Recipe is quick and simple. As for the ingredients, you can easily find them in most supermarkets or grocery stores. We will be using skinless, boneless chicken breasts for this recipe. Using skinless chicken is better because it contains less fat.
This recipe involves frying. For health conscious individuals, you may use olive oil to replace regular cooking oil in frying the chicken pieces. This will lessen the cholesterol and fat content of your dish.
I like this recipe because it is full of Asian flavors. It goes well with plain or fried rice, or even by itself.
Try this Oriental Lemon Chicken recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (skinless), cut into thin strips
- 4½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 piece lemon (skin shredded (lemon rind), juiced)
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons celery leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup cooking oil / olive oil
- Combine chicken slices and soy sauce. Mix well and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oil. Meanwhile, dredge the chicken strips in 4½ tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Put in the coated chicken and fry until color turns light brown. Do not overcook.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, place in a plate, and set aside.
- Drain excess oil until about 1 tablespoon is left. Saute garlic and put-in the celery leaves.
- Pour-in chicken broth and sherry. Add sugar, salt, lemon rind, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir and let boil.
- Pour-in the cornstarch diluted in water. Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Put-in the fried chicken slices. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!