French Fries has been popular since the 50’s when frozen potato strips became available to the public. The popularity even increased when giant fast food restaurants and diners began serving them along with burger and hot dog sandwiches. At present, French Fries is considered almost a staple — next to bread — in the United States. As time passes by, these delicious fried potato strips were sold in different forms and flavors. There are the Spiral Fries; the spiced fries; some are battered, while others are breaded. This Baked Garlic Parmesan French Fries will provide you with unique tasting French Fries that you will certainly like.
This Baked Garlic Parmesan French Fries that we have here that I call Baked Garlic Parmesan French Fries is made from scratch. Baking potatoes are sliced, seasoned, baked, and seasoned once more to give you the taste and texture that you will surely like. Since we are using olive oil, this recipe is more on the healthy side — as long as you do not add lots of salt.
Try this Baked Garlic Parmesan French Fries Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Baked Garlic Parmesan French Fries
- 3 large baking potatoes, cleaned and sliced into strips
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine potato, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and olive oil. Gently mix the all the ingredients.
- Arrange the potatoes in a baking tray. Place inside the oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Note: try to flip the fries in the process to so cook then evenly.
- Put the fries back into the bowl. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, parsley, and remaining salt. Toss.
- Arrange in the same baking tray, and then bake for another 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4