As most of you know, Tapsilog stands for Tapa, Sinangag, at itlog. This is a popular dish that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. Tapa is similar to a beef jerky. Traditional versions of this cured meat requires a few hours of sun drying.
This Pork Tapsilog Recipe is the quick and easy way to make this popular dish using pork (instead of beef). This does not require any curing and no need to dry the meat under the sun too. The only thing that you will need to do is to marinate the pork with common seasonings and you are ready to go.
The garlic fried rice or sinangag is not complicated to make, as well. All that you need is to follow this garlic fried rice recipe and everything else will be alright. It’s up to you as to how many fried eggs you want to put-in, but it is recommended that you don’t go beyond 2 pieces for health reasons.
Try this Pork Tapsilog Recipe and let me know what you think.
Pork Tapsilog Recipe
- 1 lb. pork loin, thinly sliced
- 4 pieces fried eggs
- 4 cups garlic rice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A dash of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a medium Ziploc bag, combine pork, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well and then marinate overnight inside the fridge.
- Heat the frying pan and then pour-in the cooking oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, fry the marinated pork pieces in low to medium heat until the color turns medium brown. Flip as necessary to cook the opposite side.
- Arrange the fried marinated pork, a cup of garlic rice, and a piece of fried egg in individual plates.
- Serve with spicy vinegar and ketchup. Share and enjoy!