This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Garlic Fried Rice or Sinangag is steamed rice fried with lots of garlic. This is a favorite side in the Philippines and most of Asia since rice is considered as the staple food.Usually considered as a breakfast food for Filipinos,this way of cooking rice goes well with several fried foods such as Tocino, Longganisa, Beef Tapa, Tuyo, Daing, Danggit. Also, Beef Pares won’t be complete without this.
For people who are not really familiar with rice but want to try this method of cooking, please be sure to use steamed rice (cooked rice). You could buy or purchase raw white rice (such as Jasmine) in your local grocery store (it is usually in the Asian or Mexican isle). Rice cooker is the best kitchen equipment to use for this (specially for newbies). However, if you are well versed in steaming rice using a cooking pot then that would be better. As an additional note, instant or microwavable rice is not recommended for this recipe.
Try this Garlic Fried Rice recipe. Enjoy!
- 6 cups rice steamed
- 3 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Combine rice and salt then mix well.
- Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the garlic and cook until color turns brown and texture is crispy
- Add half of the rice. Mix the rice well with the garlic while frying. (this is applicable for large rice quantities. If you are frying less than 4 cups of rice then you can put all the rice at once assuming that your pan is large enough to handle the volume)
- Add the remaining half then cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Remove from the pan and place in a serving plate. Garnish with fried garlic on top.
- Serve hot with your favorite main dish. Share and Enjoy!
- Number of servings (yield): 6