Easy Champorado Recipe is a chocolate rice pudding variation that uses pure chocolate known as tablea. You will find this real simple and quick.
I like to have champorado for breakfast. I grew-up adding powdered full cream milk in it instead of condensed milk. However, I learned to adapt condensed milk after a while. Did you know that this is best paired with tuyo? I know a lot of people who like the combination.
I prepared this champorado recipe using pure chocolate with sugar (tablea) and glutinous rice. All I did was boil the water, add the tablea and rice, and then stir while letting the rice cook.
Try this Easy Champorado Recipe. Send us your feedback.
- 5 pieces tablea (pure chocolate)
- 1¾ cups glutinous rice or sushi rice
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 6 to 8 cups water
- Condensed milk to taste
- Pour water in a cooking pot. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the tablea and then stir. Let it dissolve in boiling water.
- Add-in the rice. Let the water re-boil. Set the heat to low-medium and then stir almost constantly to avoid sticking. The rice should be ready when it absorbs the water (about 15 to 25 minutes).
- Add the sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer the champorado in individual serving bowls. Top with condensed milk.
- Serve with tuyo. Share and enjoy.