Hotdogs have been a ball park favorite since then. It has become popular to whole world to the point that each place has its own version. For example, the Philippines has her red juicy hotdogs, while Chicago has her very popular Chicago style hotdog.
Not all hotdogs are the same. Some are made from pork while others are from a mixture of pork, beef, chicken, and even turkey. Chicago hotdogs are made from all-beef frankfurter. I personally like the Vienna Beef and Nathan’s Famous brands.
Chicago hotdogs can be distinguished at first glance because of its bun; spotted bread with poppy seeds called the poppy seed bun is commonly used. Aside from the bun, neon green pickle relish or super green pickle relish makes this hotdog look different and standout.
Try making your own Chicago Style Hotdog. You will love it.
- 2 pieces beef hotdog
- 2 pieces poppy seed hotdog bun
- 1 medium tomato, wedged
- 2 pieces dill pickle spears
- 3 teaspoons super green pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon diced yellow onion
- 4 pieces sport pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard (yellow or Dijon)
- 4 cups water
- Pour the water on the steamer. Let boil.
- Steam the hot dogs for 7 to 8 minutes. Set Aside
- Steam the buns for 30 to 40 seconds. Set aside.
- Arrange the condiments on the bun starting with the onion, tomato, and dill spears.
- Squeeze-in the hotdog and then top with mustard, neon green pickle relish, and sport pepper.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!