Sweet chicken spaghetti is another version of Filipino spaghetti which makes use of ground chicken, instead of pork. This can also be prepared by consuming ground turkey breast. As you can see, Filipino style spaghetti won’t be complete without hotdogs. I added chicken hotdogs in this recipe and served it with toast.
I composed this chicken spaghetti recipe for the kids. Sure, Filipino spaghetti is good. However, not all kids (or even some adults) like having ketchup in their meal. This particular recipe only uses tomato sauce and tomato paste to prepare the base sauce.
What I like about developing a good pasta sauce (in general) is that you can apply it to any type of noodles. If my kids like to have the same dish every week, I usually use different kinds of pasta. This gives them the pleasure of enjoying the taste that they love in different forms.
Try this Sweet Chicken Spaghetti recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles cooked according to package instructions
- 1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 4 pieces chicken or turkey hotdog, sliced diagonally
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder or 1 chicken cube
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange the spaghetti noodles in individual plates. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep cooking pot.
- Sauté the onion
- Add the ground chicken and then cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the hotdog slices and chicken cube. Sprinkle about ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper. Stir and then cook for another 3 minutes
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and water. Stir. Let boil and then simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Add the sugar and tomato paste. Stir and continue to cook until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour a portion of the sauce over the arranged spaghetti noodles.
- Top with shredded cheese. Serve with toast.
- Share and enjoy!