Slow Cook Pork Hock Stew or Slow Cooked Pata is something that I look forward to during weekends, especially on chilly days. This dish is simply pork pata (or pork legs) that are slow cooked with potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce and spices. It is a perfect lunch treat that I like to have with rice or crackers.
I know that Slow Cook Pork Hock Stew tastes delicious. What really made me love this dish is its awesome texture. The pork literally melts in my mouth. Although the taste and texture are both superb, there is still this guilt feeling within me because I know that this is not the healthiest food around, but I thought that it will be okay as long as I do not eat this often. After all, I was able to do my afternoon jog today. I will just run and exercise more often then.
Another great slow cooked pork dish that deserves to be mentioned is Slow cooked pork chop with shiitake mushrooms.
Try this Slow Cook Pork Hock Stew. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs. pork hock (pata), sliced
- 1 (8 oz. can) tomato sauce
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 medium carrots. sliced
- 1 piece beef cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar.
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Start with the pork hocks, tomato sauce, bell pepper, tomato, carrots, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook in a slow cooker or crock pot for at least 8 hours. Add salt to taste.
- Remove from the slow cooker. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with warm white rice.
- Share and enjoy!