This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Slow Cooked Beef Nilaga Soup is the tastiest and the most tender beef nilaga that I ever had. It is quite obvious that 8 to 10 hours of slow cooking would extract the flavors from the beef and make it very tender to the point that it literally melts in your mouth. Although I know that slow cooking beef can make it tender, I did not expect that it could be perfectly tender and flavorful. As a result, I try to make my beef nilaga this way, if possible.
The thing that I like most about slow cooked beef or any slow cooked meat is that I get a tender meat and the sauce that comes out of it is really tasteful: slow cooked pork chop and slow cooked pata stew are some of my favorites. I also like the idea that everyone in the family like it because tender and tasty dishes is really something to be thankful for. That means no leftovers as far as my family is concerned.
For this slow cooked beef nilaga soup recipe, I added the potato and saba bananas along with the beef in the process. The result was an extremely tasty and awesome slow cooked beef dish that we all enjoyed. The green leafy vegetables and green beans were added during the last 10 to 12 minutes of cooking to keep them crisp.
How do you cook your beef nilaga or nilagang baka? Do you also like slow cooked dishes?
Try this Slow Cooked Beef Nilaga Soup Recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs. beef chuck cubed
- 6 cups water
- 4 pieces saba bananas sliced
- 2 medium potatoes cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole peppercorn
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cups Napa cabbage chopped
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 1 cup sliced long green beans
- Combine water, beef, bananas, potato, onion, fish sauce, and whole peppercorn in a slow cooker. Set the slow cooker or crock pot to high and slow cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- Gently stir the mixture. Add cabbage, green beans, and bok choy. Continue to cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Add more fish sauce if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot.
- Share and enjoy!