If you are looking for a tasty tofu dish that is easy-to-cook, look no further. Sizzling tofu is the answer. It is delicious, simple, and only takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. You can enjoy it as a main dish with rice, or just by itself along with your favorite drink.
Sizzling tofu is considered as a vegetarian dish. Aside from being delicious and simple to prepare, it is also a complete source of protein. There is approximately 10 grams of protein in every 1/2 cup serving of tofu.
I like my tofu spicy so I add a some chilli peppers to give it an extra kick — adding hot sauce works too. For me, this is a good alternative dish to pork sisig. It makes me enjoy my meal without any guilt.
Try this Sizzling Tofu Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cooking oil
- ¼ cup Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Prepare the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Once the oil gets hot (around 350F), deep fry the cubed tofu until it turns light brown. Remove from the pot and place in a plate with paper towel. Set aside
- Scoop 3 tablespoons cooking oil from the pot where the tofu was fried. Heat it in a separate clean pot.
- Saute onion and bell peppers.
- Add the fried tofu. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the sauce mixture into the pot. Stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Heat a sizzling plate on the stovetop. Melt butter into the plate. Transfer cooked tofu on the metal plate and pour the remaining sauce. Toss and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!