If you are looking for a tasty tofu dish that is easy-to-cook, look no further. Sizzling tofu is the answer. It is delicious, simple, and only takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. You can enjoy it as a main dish with rice, or just by itself along with your favorite drink. Sizzling tofu is…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you are looking for a tasty tofu dish that is easy-to-cook, look no further. Sizzling tofu is the answer. It is delicious, simple, and only takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. You can enjoy it as a main dish with rice, or just by itself along with your favorite drink.
Sizzling tofu is considered as a vegetarian dish. Aside from being delicious and simple to prepare, it is also a complete source of protein. There is approximately 10 grams of protein in every 1/2 cup serving of tofu.
I like my tofu spicy so I add a some chilli peppers to give it an extra kick — adding hot sauce works too. For me, this is a good alternative dish to pork sisig. It makes me enjoy my meal without any guilt.
Try this Sizzling Tofu Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1/4 cup Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Prepare the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Once the oil gets hot (around 350F), deep fry the cubed tofu until it turns light brown. Remove from the pot and place in a plate with paper towel. Set aside
- Scoop 3 tablespoons cooking oil from the pot where the tofu was fried. Heat it in a separate clean pot.
- Saute onion and bell peppers.
- Add the fried tofu. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the sauce mixture into the pot. Stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Heat a sizzling plate on the stovetop. Melt butter into the plate. Transfer cooked tofu on the metal plate and pour the remaining sauce. Toss and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Sizzling Tofu
Leave a Comment