Ginisang Pechay is simply Sautéed Bok Choy. This healthy vegetable is classified as a cabbage.
Despite the popularity of this vegetable in Asia, people in Europe and parts of North America seem to have a hard time holding-on to it. In the Philippines, Chinese immigrants during the Spanish era introduced Bok Choy. After that , this vegetable spread faster than Swine Flu (H1N1) across the islands.
Try this healthy Vegetable Recipe : Ginisang Pechay (Sautéed Bok Choy).
Ginisang Pechay (Sautéed Bok Choy)
- 1 lb. baby bok choy or pechay chopped
- ½ lb. pork chopped and thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized tomato diced
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 cup water
- Heat the pan and put-in the cooking oil
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomato
- Add the pork and cook for 5 minutes
- Put-in the fish sauce and ground black pepper
- Add the water and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes
- When the pork is tender enough, put-in the pechay or bok choy. Cook for a few seconds, turn off the heat, and wait for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy this delightful Vegetable dish!