This is a recipe post for Pork Tapsilog. The word tapsilog stands for Tapa, Sinangag, at itlog. This is a well known meal combination in the Philippines. It can be consumed for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. Tapa is similar to a beef jerky. Traditional versions of this cured meat requires a few hours of sun drying.
This Pork Tapsilog Recipe is the quick and easy to follow. The only thing that you will need to do is to marinate the pork with common seasonings and you are ready to go.
The garlic fried rice or sinangag is not complicated to make. Follow this garlic fried rice recipe for the procedure. It’s up to you as to how many fried eggs you want to put-in, but it is recommended that you don’t go beyond 2 pieces for health reasons.
Try this Pork Tapsilog Recipe and let me know what you think.
Tapsilog is a Filipino breakfast meal. This recipe will show you how to cook it.
- 1 lb. pork loin thinly sliced
- 4 pieces fried eggs
- 4 cups garlic rice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A dash of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a medium Ziploc bag, combine pork, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well and then marinate overnight inside the fridge.
- Heat the frying pan and then pour-in the cooking oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, fry the marinated pork pieces in low to medium heat until the color turns medium brown. Flip as necessary to cook the opposite side.
- Arrange the fried marinated pork, a cup of garlic rice, and a piece of fried egg in individual plates.
- Serve with spicy vinegar and ketchup. Share and enjoy!