Sizzling Tuna Sisig is a version of the popular Filipino sisig wherein tuna steaks sliced into small cubes are used instead of minced pork. This dish is served over a hot metal plate (also referred to as sizzling plate) and topped with crushed chicharon. It is served with chili pepper and lime or calamansi. This dish is can be consumed as a main dish with rice. It an also an ideal appetizer or pulutan.
Simple and quick are the two words that best describes how to cook Sizzling Tuna Sisig. The process is straightforward and not complicated. It also takes less than 30 minutes complete. I used tuna steaks for this recipe. It is best to get fresh tuna if it is available in your location. Otherwise, frozen tuna will do too. Make sure that the fish has been thawed (defrosted) first before you start the process.
The first thing that I did was to slice the fish into small cubes. It was arranged in a bowl and then I poured a good amount of Knorr Liquid Seasoning to serve as the marinade. This ingredient is all I needed to make my tuna cubes taste great. It is very convenient. This is one of the reasons why I make sure to always have a stock in my kitchen.
Marinating only takes a maximum of 10 minutes. Because the fish was sliced into smaller pieces, the marinade can quickly penetrate it. The next thing to do is to start cooking. I first melted some butter on a pan and started to brown the marinated tuna.I then added all the other ingredients one step at a time. Note that this recipe makes use of chicharon (crispy pork rinds) to add a bit of crunch to the dish. I also used a tablespoon of Lady’s Choice mayonnaise because it helps makes my Sizzling Tuna Sisig richer, creamier, and thicker.
The final part of the process requires the metal plate. Make sure to first heat the plate before adding the butter and tuna sisig. The hot temperature of the plate will help provide a better sizzling effect once the butter and tuna sisig are added. This should be served right away for best results.
Try this Sizzling Tuna Sisig Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 8 ounces tuna steak, sliced into small cubes
- 2 pieces long green pepper, chopped
- 4 Thai chili, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- ¼ cup pork chicharon, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Arrannge tuna cubes in a bowl. Pour Knorr liquid seasoning. Mix well. Let it stay for 10 minutes for the fish to absorb the flavor.
- Melt 2 tablespooons butter in a pan.
- Once the butter is completely melted, add the marinated tuna cubes. Cook until medium brown
- Add onion. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped long green pepper and Thai chili. .
- Scoop the mayonnaise and add it into the pan. Stir until all ingredients are well blended. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes
- Add salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Heat a metal plate (also called sizzling plate) over a stovetop.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter on the metal plate. Make sure that the entire area of the plate gets coated.
- Tranfer the cooked tuna sisig into the metal plate. Continue to cook while gently stirring for 1 to 2 minutes seconds.
- Top with crushed chicharon, chili and slices of lime or calamansi.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Sizzling Tuna Sisig