Bangus Salpicao! Fish marinated in a mixture of Worcestershire sauce , garlic, oil, and seasonings is what this dish is all all about. To make things interesting, we will be frying the fish using a new kitchen equipment (as of this writing), known as an air fryer.
How to Cook Bangus Salpicao
Making your own fish salpicao at home is easy than you think. It can be less oily too. This recipe will guide you on how to make one using one of the advanced kitchen equipments around: the air fryer.
The key to a great salpicao dish has something to do with the marinade. Unlike red meat, fish is quicker to absorb the marinade. This means that it only takes a shorter time to marinate fish, compared to beef, when making this dish.
The first thing that you need to do is to prepare the marinade. Combine the marinade ingredients. This consists of Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, garlic, ground black pepper, and salt. Stir until well blended.
Now, we need to coat the milkfish or bangus with the marinade. However, the fish has to be sliced into serving pieces before we proceed. Arrange the fish inside a resealable bag and pour-in the marinade. Let the air out before sealing the bag. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. I suggest doing this for 2 hours for best results.
Make the toasted garlic by heating 4 tablespoons oil in a small pot. Add half of the garlic. Cook between low to medium heat until the garlic browns. Set aside.
This recipe requires an air fryer. It is a kitchen equipment that lets you fry foos with lesser to no oil at all. Arrange the marinated fish on an air fryer and then air fry for 8 to 10 minutes at 350F.
Arrange the fried bangus on a serving plate. Top with toasted garlic and chopped parsley.
Try this Bamgus Salpicao Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Air fryer
- 1 piece boneless milkfish
- 4 teaspoons garlic minced
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Slice the boneless bangus into serving pieces.
- Prepare the marinade. Combine half of the garlic, ground black pepper, salt, olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Mix well.
- Place the milksfish inside a resealable bag. Add the marinade. Make sure that the fish gets coated all throughout. Release the air from the bag and seal. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the toasted garlic. Heat cooking oil in a sauce pan. Add remaining garlic. Cook until golden brown. Separate the garlic from the oil using a kitchen sieve. Set aside.
- Arrange the marinated milkfish in an air fryer. Air-fry for 8 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the air fryer. Arrange on a serving plate. Top the milkfish with toasted garlic and chopped parsley. Serve. Share and enjoy!